“Search Engine Optimization, Natural Language Technology, Enable Holiday Wish Fulfillment for those on 2010 Nice List,” Says Santa
BURLINGTON, MA—FEB. 1, 2011–EasyAsk, an industry leader in e-commerce search and merchandising software that has helped fuel 72 million transactions over the past year, today announced EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 which provides significant new capabilities for e-commerce search and merchandising.
Among the new features in EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 are: increased Search Engine Optimization (SEO), search auto-complete, NetSuite Ecommerce integration, product review attributes and integration with recommendation engines. All new features are available in a single package for EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 eliminating the need for customers to purchase expensive “add-on” modules. The simplistic packaging and pricing, combined with the unique EasyAsk natural language technology, enable the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and best value for enterprise-class search and merchandising.
“EasyAsk has revolutionized online holiday shopping and has had a direct effect on labor practices with my elves,” said Santa Claus while vacationing on a Mazatlan beach this month. “The natural language technology has led to a significant decrease in reported disappointments from those on my Nice List.” In other words, SEO and TCO are helping Santa go ho-ho-ho.
EasyAsk’s unique natural language technology fuels the company’s industry leading e-commerce search and merchandising platform and tools. EasyAsk natural language drives better search to convert buyers faster, more flexible navigation to convert shoppers into buyers, and more compelling offers and promotions to increase order sizes. The result is higher conversion rates and increased e-commerce revenues.
“The EasyAsk software and natural language technology delivers a superior search, navigation and merchandising platform that allows us to convert more visitors into buyers”, said Andrew Deren, Executive Vice President of Technology, Personalization Mall. “The EasyAsk implementation was fast and smooth, meeting our deadline of being live before the holidays. We are looking forward to EasyAsk Version 12 to take advantage of the new features.”
New Features in EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12
EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 contains a number of new features and enhancements, including:
- Search Engine Optimization – the new search site map generator provides integration with internet search engines to optimize the exposure and ranking of products in consumer searches.
- Search Auto-Complete – as site visitors’ type in the search box, EasyAsk will provide a list of suggested searches which the visitor can select from without having to finish typing the entire search string. Advanced algorithms based on the user and site search history, as well as analytics maintained by EasyAsk drive the suggestions.
- NetSuite integration – integration with NetSuite eCommerce including automated item catalog extraction via NetSuite SuiteCloud web services, and optimized e-commerce site integration for superior SEO and integrated look and feel. For further information on EasyAsk eCommerce Edition for NetSuite, please click here.
- Product Review attributes – EasyAsk search and navigation can now include product review data from vendors such as BazaarVoice. This allows visitors to search using product review criteria – i.e. “black loafers under $70 with 4 star reviews” – see review information as attributes in the navigation, and use review information inside search business rules to raise products in results or drive related offers or promotions.
- Integration with product recommendation engines – EasyAsk search results can now include associated product recommendations driven by product recommendation engines such as Rich Relevance and Certona.
“The EasyAsk platform has tens of millions of dollars in R&D investment to-date and we have a strong commitment to our customers and the market in continuing our industry leadership position,” said Craig Bassin, CEO of EasyAsk. “EaskAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 continues to make our software easier to use while providing new e-commerce search and merchandising techniques which customers can take advantage of.
EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Version 12 is fully compatible with EasyAsk eCommerce Edition Versions 10 and 11. This provides a safe and easy upgrade path for existing EasyAsk customers and allows them to automatically take advantage of these advanced new features.
EasyAsk is radically changing the speed and ease of how people find information through the company’s ground-breaking natural language search and query software. EasyAsk software products go far beyond traditional search, allowing users to simply ask questions in plain English and receive highly tuned results on demand. The EasyAsk eCommerce Edition uses this unique technology to deliver an industry leading website search, navigation and merchandising solutions that boosts online revenue through increased conversion rates, better customer experience and agile merchandising.
Based in Burlington, Massachusetts, EasyAsk has long been a leader in natural language information analysis and delivery software. Customers such as Gap, Coldwater Creek, Hewlett Packard, Lands End, Lillian Vernon, Aramark, BASF, Talbots, Nedbank, BNP Paribas, TruValue, Siemens, Hartford Hospital, Ceridian, JoAnn Fabrics and Harbor Freight Tools rely on the EasyAsk software products to run their business and e-commerce operations daily. For more information, please visit EasyAsk.