How does EasyAsk compare to Google Commerce Search?
What is EasyAsk?
EasyAsk is a site search, navigation and merchandising solution for e-retail, mobile commerce and B2B commerce sites. Powered by EasyAsk’s Natural Language and Semantic processor and high speed pre-index, EasyAsk is a fast flexible, and easy option for e-commerce Search. See transparently what is happening within the search engine as it automagically understands shopper intent with Natural Language. Consider “warm yellow jackets” vs “warm weather yellow jackets.” Take full control of the search engines in various ways, synonyms, spelling, semantic relevancy, targeted promotions and much more.
How long does EasyAsk take to deploy?
Time to deploy depends on the size and complexity of your online store. As a hosted solution with no hardware or onsite deployment requirements, EasyAsk can be implemented very quickly.
How do I put EasyAsk results on my site?
- Sign up for EasyAsk eCommerce Editon
- Upload your product files (manually or via APIs)
- Plug-in the EasyAsk APIs (or use one of our e-commerce Platform connectors)
How do I sign up for EasyAsk?
What are the different customization options available?
EasyAsk is fully customizable. Through the Commerce Studio you can tailor the search experience exactly to your needs. Control term definitions, synonyms, redirects and landing pages; create facets and manage their order; tune the ranking system to your needs; specify product promotions; tie these and more merchandising changes to a sale or other event. Change the look and feel of your search engine and results page, use it with your mobile apps, customer service or integrate results into many other applications with the XML API.
When is EasyAsk 12.0 available? Do I have to do anything special to get it?
EasyAsk 12.0 is available immediately for all our customers. As a hosted offering in the cloud, product updates are rolled out automatically; as such, existing customers will automatically receive the new features and all new customers to EasyAsk eCommerce Edition will automatically be on the 12.0 platform. For sites running the EasyAsk installed on their own servers, all upgrades are included – please contact email@example.com for download instructions.
What is new in EasyAsk 12.0?
EasyAsk 12.0 drives conversion and improves customer experience. It helps shoppers find items easily, quickly and interactively, from anywhere and from any device. It also provides sites with more control and total transparency into what is being searched.
- Search Engine Optimization – the new search site map generator provides integration with internet search engines to optimize the exposure and ranking of products in consumer searches.
- Search As You Type – EasyAsk can now automatically provide intelligence suggestions to visitors as they type searches in the search box. Suggestions are based on the rich site history and analytics maintained by EasyAsk.
- Product Variants/SKU Level Processing – EasyAsk now supports product and SKU level relationships, allowing hierarchical and matrix product and SKU search results to be optimally managed and displayed in e-commerce sites. Show the yellow images for a search on “yellow jackets”.
- Magento connector – integration with Magento eCommerce including automated item catalog extraction, and optimized e-commerce site integration for superior SEO and integrated look and feel. View more information on EasyAsk eCommerce Edition for Magento.
- NetSuite SuiteCommerce integration – integration with NetSuite SuiteCommerce including automated item catalog extraction via NetSuite SuiteCloud web services, and optimized e-commerce site integration for superior SEO and integrated look and feel. View more information on EasyAsk eCommerce Edition for NetSuite.
- Product Review attributes – EasyAsk search and navigation can now include product review data from vendors such as BazaarVoice. This allows visitors to search using product review criteria – i.e. “black loafers under $70 with 4 star reviews” – see review information as attributes in the navigation, and use review information inside search business rules to raise products in results or drive related offers or promotions.
- Integration with product recommendation engines – EasyAsk search results can now include associated product recommendations driven by product recommendation engines such as Rich Relevance and Certona.
How much does EasyAsk cost?
Pricing depends on the volume of search traffic, and the number of items you upload. For further details on pricing, please contact an EasyAsk representative directly at 800.425.8200.
How many languages is EasyAsk available in?
EasyAsk eCommerce Edition is available in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and will be rolled out in many additional languages soon. If a language you need is not currently supported, please contact us for an update on local launch timing.